Tuesday, March 09, 2004

International Eat an Animal for PETA Day

I first saw about this over in Kate's Blog aka The Original Musings. You know, I'm perfectly happy to respect the vegeterian "lifestyle". Hell, I made sure to have vegeterian dishes at my wedding so that people who did not eat meat for personal, health or religious reasons (we did have a couple folks from India at our wedding) did not feel like they could only graze on salad. Being a vegeterian is not for me but, like I said, I have no problem with folks who are so long as they aren't trying to "convert" me. That annoys me as much as someone trying to push their religion at me and, believe me, some of these folks are as zealous as any religious nut.

So what the hell is PETA up to that set off THAT particular rant, you might ask? PETA is now likening the eating of meat to the, now hold on to your hats here, HOLOCAUST. Uhm, excuse me? Ask any Holocaust survivor (or their families) how the slaughtering of animals compares to the Holocaust. I bet the overwhelming majority of them won't see the comparison. This is insanity at it's best. Hell, my husband is Jewish and we both had a good laugh over the whole thing.

For a more comprehensive look at this (laughable) act by PETA, scoot on over to The Orignal Musings. Me, I'm going to sit here and gnaw on this rib.. from a cow. I leave you with this.


No comments: