Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rant On

So, we get the databackup from my computer today (oh yeah, my old computer died, forgot to mention). I should be cheering, right?

Wrong.

First some background. From the day we dropped the computer off to Best Buy (yes, yes, I know but it was under warranty), we have been given the runaround. If someone wasn't lying to us about where they were in the process, someone else had no clue as to what was going on. These people made ZERO notes as they were working. We finally had to get the general manager of the store involved due to the gross incompetence of the Geek Squad. He personally makes sure it gets done and it does.

Flash forward to today. I start going through the DVDs of the backup, of which there are about 22 or so. The first one certainly LOOKS like it has data written on it but my computer wont' read it. Neither will my husband's. The second DVD had data I could access. Several more look as if they have nothing written on them by looking at the backs and nothing comes up. Out of TEN so far, three have had actual data written on them. I am not optimistic about the rest.

The general manager of the store will be hearing from me tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome, I will be writing the corporate offices about the incompetence, complete lack of customer service and, at times, hostility we were met with at this store. There's no excuse for it and we certainly won't be taking our business to them again.

No comments: