Friday, October 20, 2006

Sims 2 Mania

I admit it, I am a Sims 2 addict. I have all the expansion packs so far, including the new one Sims 2 Pets. Oh my goodness, it's so much fun. The pets do some hilariously realistic things. For instance, there is a catnip filled mouse toy for your cats. When a cat starts playing with it, after a few moments you see colored lights and little stars swimming around the cat's head and then they go a little bonkers, running around all insane. The only difference between that and my own cats is, I can't see the colored swirls. Cats in the Sims 2 will claw the heck out of your furniture unless you give them other options, just like real cats. You teach your pets proper (or improper) behaviors through verbal reinforcements such as praising or scolding. It's a lot easier to train a Sims pet sadly.

I haven't gottan a thing done over the past few days I wanted to do thanks to this game. I wonder if there's a 12 step program for Sims addicts? Nah, this is an addiction I like and, soon, I'll go back to my once or twice a week playing routine.

No comments: